Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Saw The Sign and so This is My Favorite Movie for 2012!

I watched Pitch Perfect a total of three times in about five days. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

I'd be so bold as to declare Pitch Perfect as my favorite movie of the year. But I admit that the storyline is quite thin and formulaic. That's forgivable, however, because the characters in this movie, despite the tropes and stereotypes, really shine and complement each other.

I love the energy and the vibe of the film. Anything that has dancing or singing in the plot is worth-watching for me. A bonus, if it makes me laugh, too.

But I really wasn't expecting to enjoy the movie this [                  ] much. Never mind if I've been singing Ace of Base's "I Saw The Sign" in my head a lot after watching.

Pitch Perfect stars Anna Kendrick who reminds me of a younger version of Tina Fey. I wasn't aware Kendrick could sing beautifully, or that she's a celebrated theater actress. I think I first saw her watching Up In The Air, where she worked with George Clooney, and I liked her performance there. But I also saw 50/50 and I barely remember her on it. With Pitch Perfect, though, I think I've just turned into her fan.

Equally surprising was finding out Brittany Snow and Anna Camp could also sing. I like these girls when I see them on TV.  I appreciate them better as performers now, knowing how musical they can be, too.


Apart from the singing, Pitch Perfect is a girly girl's movie featuring this blossoming romance between the lead character and a cute, perfect-boyfriend type of guy, who can also sing really well. Yet it's not nearly cheesy as many chick flicks are.  In fact, there were moments when I got the same feeling I had watching Say Anything, which is only the most romantic film in my book.

The movie also makes use of a reference to a scene from The Breakfast Club, which I think made this whole thing even more appealing to me.


I believe I'll be watching this movie a fourth, a fifth, or maybe a tenth time this holiday break, coz that's how much I really enjoyed it!

Here's a short trailer, if you haven't seen it yet:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...