Monday, December 10, 2012

Big Butts and Nail Polish, Who Would've Thunk It??

Oh, wow....I finally get to use the word "thunk" haha!

From the Urban Dictionary

I was browsing online when I saw this. Beautiful holiday shades, I thought. Perfect polish colors to wear for Christmas, I thought.


A closer look revealed that these lacquers are actually contained in a bottle that's shape like a woman's butt. Big, round butts. Shocking!

And the product is aptly called BOOTIE BABE. Ha! How...cheeky!

I can't seem to get passed the shape of the bottles. But they do offer really nice colors, I know I would wear it if I could get my hands on it. That is, after I stop giggling about the bottle. Because I am immature.

Seriously though, why would anyone think to use this container? Is it a prank product? A fetish? A sex toy?

According to this site, Bootie Babe is from Mark 'O Hara, a San Francisco-based designer and funk musician who used to be in a band called SuperBooty.  The band has since broken up. But back when they had gigs, O' Hara would often come up with band merchandise featuring a lady's derriere as its logo.

In designing Bootie Babe, he said he wanted something that would stand out. And he's quite right about that. Those bottles sure are different!

He says of his polish collection:
"Some women don’t appreciate this product because they think it’s sexist. But they love it in Brazil!”
 “My band was so silly. It would be great to bring a little levity to the beauty industry. Why can’t it just be fun?”
He's kinda right about that, too!


Time Magazine is said to be featuring the product this week, according to their Facebook page.


So, how about that? I suppose those butt bottles make this product quite interesting. But ultimately, it's the choices of colors and the quality of the lacquers that will make this sellable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...