Thursday, January 31, 2013

Positivity Challenge: January 2013 Update

One month is up and this is how that Positivity Challenge is turning out for me.

I purposely didn't count the number of notes I've put in. But I cannot believe I've been doing this everyday! I also haven't been counting the amount of money I've saved up in the last 31 days doing this challenge. That, and reading the notes (of course!),  I'll reserve for the end of the year. (Suspense!)

But now I'm thinking maybe I should count the money early because.... what if someone thinks of taking stuff from this canister and I wouldn't know how much I've lost? And when I say "someone", by the way, I actually mean ME!

If you've been following how this started, I was supposed to put this in a clear glass jar. But I decided against it because I didn't want to be tempted, seeing I've got loose bills in a jar somewhere. I know I wouldn't be able to save, thus failing part of the challenge. So far, the sealed tin canister is working because I haven't been taking anything out (like money I'm not actually seeing!)

Only...because I don't usually notice the canister there, I sometimes forget to write down my note until ten minutes into bed and I'm already comfortable sleeping. I've had many nights where I had to literally jump up from sleep because I forgot to write down my note. I guess, this isn't called a "challenge" if not for those days, huh?

Anyway, this is the first time I've done something I started at New Year's that I've actually kept going for a month. Normally, I'd have already slacked by the 2nd week. (I should note this down and put in the canister!)

Because I've been inspired about accomplishing something, I'm thinking of another challenge to take up to see how far I'll go next month. Maybe a weight loss challenge?  There's something called a FebFast that's happening in Australia. It's supposed to be the opposite of October Fest. But since I don't drink alcohol, I'm thinking of going cold turkey on SWEETS for a month.....And I say this after gorging 5 eclairs in one sitting! How about that?! I've already failed. (FTR, I cannot give up sweets, I'm not THAT crazy and obsessive yet, okay?!)

Anyway, did you do the positivity challenge? How are you doing so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...