Monday, January 28, 2013

Sleeping Together

There is this study done by a relationship psychologist in the UK that outlines a couple's relationship status based on the way they sleep together.  It has always bothered me why scientists have to spend $$$ on useless studies like these,  even if they are funded by corporations. But when a woman has to sleep in a "in star fish position with man hanging off the bed", I don't think any couple needs scientific proof that something is wrong with the relationship. Right?

First of all...star fish position while sleeping? How does one do that? Would you have to stretch both your arms and legs all the way? I don't know about you but I prefer to curl my body in a ball when I sleep. Starfish position just sounds uncomfortable. And stiff.

Secondly, I have this insane image of my partner "hanging off the bed"... like he's falling off a cliff. The image is not soothing. It's comical. And I cannot sleep with an image like that because it's just too funny.

Here's what the study found out, in brief:

Click on this ^ photo for a bigger resolution
From Daily UK
Just curious...where does yours fall? And does it confirm something about your relationship?

Unfortunately, this study doesn't have any data on sleeping with dogs on the bed. I wonder what scientists have to say when we sleep with our backs to each other, while cuddling our favorite dogs separately...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...