Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Diet Tip: This Is How You Should Portion Food? NO WAY.

One of the downsides to aging (ahuhuhu!) is making an effort to eat right and healthy. I did not used to like veggies before and I gorged on a lot of junk food. But my body has been sending me signals this year, with my hormones acting up big time.

What I learned from observing what my body is going through is that, when I follow what's mostly on the bottom part of this pyramid, I generally have little episodes or I am more immune from catching a cold, for example.

A sample of a food pyramind

Sticking to a healthy diet isn't always easy because...who doesn't like eating rich, flavorful, high-calorie food? They taste the best!

I don't believe in deprivation diets, when you're forced to give up good-tasting food because all that calorie and cholesterol is supposed to make your body lethargic, older and less healthier. With that in mind, I've resorted to eating what I want, while committing to be disciplined in doing portion control.

HAHA. Discipline. Committing. Portion Control. Who am I kidding?

My version of portion control? Hardly involves a "well-balanced" meal. Sometimes, I would end up eating 5 to 6 helpings of turon (with lots and lots of brown sugar!) in one sitting (because FRUIT IS GOOD), while totally ignoring rice the rest of the day (CARBS? BAAAD!). And then I make up for it by eating lots of spinach for the week. (Because, apparently when you're becoming older, spinach can cure everything from skin and hair problems to cancer.) Only, I like my spinach overflowing cheese..and dairy is good coz it's rich in calcium, yes?

This brings me to this infographic posted on Nestle Fitnesse Philippines Facebook page on portion control. It's supposed to help avoid over-eating. Which is fine and good, except that no one seems to have any violent reactions on what's being recommended here.


Like, how can I enjoy what I eat when I'm only allowed a thumbful of cheese?! And I've got small hands...meat just bigger than my palm? THAT IS CRAZY!

No one also seems to mind that this infogaphic originally came from a site called Model Eats, where, I would assume, having a size 4 frame would be considered fat. The author, however, does have a gorgeous bod...so, maybe she is doing something right and I should just suck it up and stick with the diet.

Are you struggling with eating right? Got any tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...